LIFEDesigns is proud of its Continuing Education Options (CEO) Program, a unique community-based alternative to facility-based day programs in the area. The CEO Program and all of its functions are 100% in the community, never at the LIFEDesigns office or at a sheltered facility. Over 66% of the program occurs in locations that are fully integrated, where our customers are participating in the program and rubbing shoulders with members of the public at the same time.
LIFEDesigns created its CEO Program in 2006. From humble beginnings, the program has grown slowly but steadily over the years. We now serve more than 80 part- and full-time customers. Most individual classes consist of approximately 10-30 customers at any given time, plus staff. All of our customers are assisted with no greater than a 4:1 staffing ratio (four customers to each staff person).
When you select LIFEDesigns‘ CEO Program you benefit from an environment that promotes independence through:
- Top-quality direct support professionals and guest speakers and teachers from the community
- Activities based on individual abilities and interests, providing motivation, creativity, and increased self-esteem
- Social skills enhancement such as relationship skills, effective communication, conflict resolution, daily interaction with others, and more
- Opportunities to explore hobbies and special interests through self-exploration in arts, recreation, and more
- Support with daily living activities such as money handling, healthy lifestyles, personal safety, active citizenship, self-care, use of community resources, and more
- Academic enhancement through literacy, science, current events, and more
We are a CARF (Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities) accredited agency. LIFEDesigns‘ CEO Program is available on a full-day or half-day basis, Monday-Friday. All admissions will be based upon our staff’s ability to meet the potential participant’s identified needs.
For more information about Continuing Education Options (CEO), please contact Brandi Hamilton at 812-332-9615 ext. 227 or firstname.lastname@example.org.