January 7, 2022
With the recent rise in positive COVID-19 cases within our service area, we are taking additional steps to protect our clients, staff, and their families in the coming weeks.
The following will continue at least throughout the month of January 2022:
1) All Staff will continue to follow agency COVID policy which includes a self-screen the first time entering each work or service location. This includes:
a. taking your temperature and recording this as well as either confirming you have no symptoms or recording any current symptoms. Current symptoms must also be reported to the Director of Nursing (firstname.lastname@example.org) before starting your shift.
b. Use of personal protective equipment (KN 95 masks in all locations, other PPE as appropriate for the location/service)
c. Regular and frequent hand hygiene
2) Group Home and Supported Living site visitors will need to adhere to all agency safety and screening precautions. Those visitors will be:
a. Instructed before entry to the facility of the need to be screened for temperature and symptoms, and this will be recorded on the location monitoring sheet
b. Limited to a specific private location (the resident’s room or other designated location) and
c. Required to perform hand hygiene and wear personal protective equipment (PPE) including gloves and a standard facemask
3) Employment Services will be offered virtually when appropriate or in-person when necessary. All protective measures listed above will be implemented for in-person services.
4) Behavior Management will be offered virtually when appropriate or in-person when necessary. All protective measures listed above will be implemented for in-person services.
5) Meetings: Whenever possible, meetings should be conducted virtually. If in-person meetings are necessary, all protective measures listed above as well as maintaining social distancing will be utilized.
Each program within LIFEDesigns is continuously adjusting their service delivery to reflect the current climate of the pandemic. Directors of your program area will be in constant contact with you on the specific details of your programs phases as necessary and stated above.
I know that this feels all too familiar from the start of the pandemic in 2020. However, we are smarter and stronger going through this once again. Please reach out if you have questions, comments or concerns. Again, we are all in this together.
Russell J. Bonanno, MEd President, LIFEDesigns