What a month! We want to give a HUGE “Thank You” to everyone who supported the Month of Chocolate this year, especially our sponsors, auction item donors, event hosts, event attendees, volunteers, and employees who dedicated their time to helping with this special event. We would not be here without your continuous support and commitment to LIFEDesigns. We are still waiting on a few last minute numbers to come in from events and other donations, but we are thrilled to report that a net profit of $20,895 was raised for individuals with disabilities!
A few highlights from the 2021 Month of Chocolate:
- We were able to decrease our overall expenses by hosting almost all events virtually
- We started a new virtual tasting event that received great feed back (and will hopefully happen more throughout the year!)
- Although we have not been in able to gather in person, many of our employees and clients have spent more time together through our virtual learning programs where they are discovering new hobbies and talents
- We hosted an online auction this year, which was open to the public for a full week
- We gained confidence in our ability to adapt to change and continue to advocate and raise the necessary funds for our programs and services
Despite the challenges and restrictions we all faced this year, we are beyond thankful and thrilled our community and Month of Chocolate partners were able to adapt to this new virtual world and help us continue the tradition of this special celebration. The funds raised during Month of Chocolate help us expand our programs and provide the necessary services our clients need to live as independently as they can. We hope to develop more events and raise increased funds for our clients to provide them with opportunities for growth and independence that Medicaid services simply don’t fund.
Thank you for supporting LIFEDesigns and the Month of Chocolate!